Tuesday, May 15, 2007

If You Lie, Your Fender Will Flare.

the welder has started flaring the fenders. so far, it looks rather good. reason why i'm flaring the fenders/wheel archs is to fit my future wide wheels. looking to go around 7 to 8 inches wide at the back and about 7 inches wide in front. also it looks 'ganas' haha!

before:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

after (at 65% complete):
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

it'll be interesting to see how the welder does the front fenders. this is because the arch already comes out of the fender prolly by 2-3 mm so if the welder starts moulding the fender after the slight bump in the fender, i will be like this: -_-" and then consequently i'll end up like this: X_X" or @_@". hahah.

comments?

3 comments:

Alexis Delon said...

Wow...thats some cheat of a welding there, would be pretty mad myself too if i actually knew what was going on. I keep expecting things to be as beautiful or pretty on the telly. Guess local welders still have a really long way to go. Hope they really do a proper job and settle all those rust and crack problems.

whatdamn said...

well, that's local welding for you. we are nowhere near what you see on astro's latest channel 78. shows such as american hot rod show how things should be done. but alas...our local boys want to finish fast.

badd said...

hell..nick teh izzit..? please to meet you...hmm hows ur old ford's doing?

im have a ford cortina me self but tis not a mk3 but mk4...sadly not the original engine coz the original one caught fire..yupp u read me right..

me old webber overflowed and the distributor is below..andd viola..the rest is charred history haha..

was lucky for me..if not tis me ghost that writes this comment to you..u do know that ford easily catches fire rite?..

so r u into transplanting the engine already?..1jz?..can it really fit the engine bay?...if it can..it will be a mechanics nightmare..esp when to service hehehe..

me ford runs with an SR20dett..tad shorter than those 6 cylinders..wanted to go for RB but the fabricator gurus advised me not to..it still doesnt run well since im having problems with the stock suspension..dunno which rear axle is suitable for me car....and also the front chamber sort of on the negative side already..good for cornering..but bad news for ur tyres...hey may be we can talk sometimes..would luv to see ur ford...theres one here at me kg...a mk3..but its rusting away just as the owner hehe ,,,me email address is badd1@hotmail.com. not familiar to using blog..registered coz i wanted to comment you haha...u can also look me up in myspace..err wuts me space add aa..?..search for either addly or baddly...tis for badlishah..well..take care ok dude...anyway..nice details on the car..really love how u scrutinized every nook and cranny...later dude!